Football Endowment Jamboree Criteria
- Jamboree must be registered with YEA to avoid it counting as one of the 9 regular season games.
- Jamboree must be the first competition of the season.
- At least three teams will be involved, with the Jamboree being held after each team has had their required 10 practices.
- The Jamboree will be a controlled scrimmage. No kick-off or punts will be allowed. Coaches will be allowed to stand behind their respective huddles.
- Each team is allowed to be on offense and defense against the other schools. There will be a 15-minute running clock for each segment of the Jamboree.
- The team on offense starts on its own 40-yard line and keeps the ball for the full 15 minutes. If they fail to make a first down, the ball is brought back to the 40, where they start again. If there is a turn-over, the ball goes back to the offense, once again starting on its own 40.
- All gate proceeds, excluding sales tax, are to be donated to YEA to help pay vestment for member schools participating in this jamboree.
- The Jamboree may include additional fund-raising events (concessions, etc.) to raise funds for schools’ expenses.
- Any expenses incurred (travel, custodian, etc.) will be absorbed by the participating schools.
- Jamboree officials and workers should be encouraged to donate their services.
- IHSAA cards will not be honored as the jamboree is ONLY allowed as a fund-raising event for YEA.